I can't tell you how great it is for us to be reunited with Keane. Ben is sleeping and I am definitely decompressing. I am not sure if the video does justice to his new found complexion - he's so pink! Don't worry. I kept him covered up so you don't have to see the chest tubes. I am surprised at his sedation level - he's not as sedated as I was anticipating. He clearly knows we are here, grabs our fingers and wiggles around a bit when we talk to him.
He is steady. Nothing alarming, just the anticipated issues expected from a boy with body that has never had a functioning heart. His body is trying to find it's new, healthy homeostasis. He has quite the team attending to him; one nurse all to himself who doesn't leave the room, two pediatric intensive care docs, Dr. Kelly and his surgical team. Everyone has really been great thus far.
9 comments:
Hey guys,
This is Matt. This is all great news! This is all so incredibly amazing as well. What a trooper. We are thinking of you all lots. Can't wait to see you. Love, Matt
Yaaaaay! Have been thinking of you all day and am so relieved and happy to hear (and see). take care -of Keane - and yourselves!
Love, Joan C in Tucson
Thanks so much for sharing. I have been thinking about you all day!! He looks amazing!
Yay! So happy for you all and relieved too! Keane looks great! We've been thinking of you all day and watching the progress.
Sarah, Eric, Cecelia and Caroline
Oh I am SO happy to see this last post! I can definitely see his beautiful color. What an amazing medical team he's had (not to mention family support team!!)
Double Triple Yay!
Thank goodness! I have been thinking of you all day and so happy things are going smoothly! Keep those tootsies nice and pink and send him and Avery lots of kisses!
I'm glad everything went so well! I'm looking forward to meeting Keane sometime soon!! I've been thinking about you all a lot... Ryan (Matt's Brother)
Hi,this is Sharon(Jane's sister) I have been reading your posts everyday. My prayers and good thoughts have been with you daily. Keane looks fantastic in the latest video I see Sunshine ahead ;-) He is truly blessed to have you two as his parents.
all my love ~~~Sharon~~~
Sleep well tonight Keane and family. Sleep well tonight all those who have been sending positive thoughts, prayers and best wishes. Hoping for more good news tomorrow. Love, Grammo
Post a Comment