Music is powerful. Research suggests children who have familiar music playing while in recovery - especially in places like the ICU - have less anxiety. Every day since June 16th we have played Brighter than the Sun for Keane. Many of you know how much we like to dance. Just about every day we have our own version of Owen Dance Party. Caillet's song now makes Keane smile and calms him when he is fussy. He knows the song and he loves it.
If you haven't heard my chosen theme song for Keane, I've included a version with lyrics. However, this is our only Keane theme song. I am sure the Peds ICU and Med/Surg floor staff would appreciate some variety, as well as our family. So, my request to you:
Please reply to this post with the name of the song and the artist that you believe reflects a good theme song for Keane - one that he would enjoy listening to during his hospital stay
Keane's uncle James (Erin's brother) has agreed to help load our song and yours on an iPod. We need the songs soon, so we can start dancing to them and playing them at home. It's important the songs are familiar. We have only 19 days and counting...!
17 comments:
Michael Franti and Spearhead's "Say Hey" has been "claimed" by Nana and Papa.
If you haven't heard it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehu3wy4WkHs
"Here comes the Sun" by the Beatles!!!
Love,
Aunt Susan and Uncle Rich
Ava and I listen to "Chances" by Five for Fighting almost every night when we're getting ready for bed. Not really sure what the lyrics mean, but the song seems to calm her. Others we love...."My Wish" by Rascal Flatts, "God gave me you" Blake Shelton, " Better together" Jack Johnson. We love music in our house...especially country. :) Sending lots of love and prayers your way!
We like "send me on my way" and "rising sun" both by Rusted Root for happy/dance songs. Also "David Danced" and "La Montana" both by Salvador. Other good ones: "faith like a child" by Jars of Clay and "School Boy" by Wynton Marsalis.
Love to you all!!
Katie, Cory, Eli and baby girl
Great idea guys! Grampo is going to upload some of Uncle Matt and Uncle Eric's songs for Keane to get to know.
Garden of the Gods by DEUTER. Conversations with Angels by Ariel. I listened to both of these when I want to relax.
a version of "Let the good times roll"
Fighter by Christina Aguilera
Joy to the World by Three Dog Night
Domino by Van Morrison
I'm Still Standing by Elton John
I can send you the mp3s, just not sure how to do that.
hugs,
Kristen
Where to start! Music is a huge part of our lives too and will help Keane with his recovery. A family favorite is "All I want is You" by Barry Louis Polisar (on the Juno soundtrack)- basically a love song but so happy.
I highly recommend anything by Hullabaloo (SD kids band) but their latest album has a great song called "Best Day" I think. They also have a song called "Its all going to be okay". Check them out at http://www.hullabalooband.com
"Over the Rainbow" by Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole (overplayed but still good). We also love "All I Want is You" on the June soundtrack.
Sending our love to all of you!!
Stevie Wonder's one of my favorites - how about this one! xoxo
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/steviewonder/youarethesunshineofmylife.html
You guys are great.
The Dr. KB contingency from CO sent songs for Avery and Keane...
Avery: Edge of Glory - Gaga, Dancing Queen - Abba, Father and Daughter - Paul Simon.
Keane: Ice cream - Sara McG, Beautiful Boy - Celine Dion, No place that far - Sara Evans.
Thanks Everyone!
Adele: Lovesong
Band of Horses: No One's Gonna Love You (more than I do)
Yael Naim: New Soul
The Shins: Simple Song
Jack Johnson: Better Together
....for a start.
Hi Erin and Ben,
Thanks for sharing your days. Love your blog, pics, videos, and your kids are adorable! My best wishes and thoughts are with you.
and assuming it's never too late for music...
"Spread a little love"
unplugged by Onetwo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijJszpSh1lY
or rock it with Life-Size Humans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyMYoT8UPcY
happy to be living a life with you
Love, Kathy
Erin & Ben O, sorry for the delay in answering, but by chance this song came to mind that Susan and I always loved for little boys - it is Beautiful Boy by John Lennon. If you google it I think you will find the lyrics and the song fitting. Good luck, you are all in our prayers daily.
Sorry, forgot that my name comes up Poppa - since I'm usually only commenting on Ella & Cooper. The Beautiful Boy suggestion is from Rich
Of course it's never too late! Thanks all!
Post a Comment