Monday, May 27, 2013

Out.... but are we out of the woods?

Hello again. Happy Memorial Day!

First, a big happy birthday to our one and only (but not for long) niece, Keira. Naturally, Keira's first birthday party was yesterday, so Avery Grace went to Portland to celebrate and represent the Owen clan. Super disappointing to miss the big "1."

I am happy to report we are home this evening. Keane's saturation levels were not perfect, but had shown improvement. Decline - stay in the hospital. Improvement - go home and follow-up in a couple days with Dr. Bob. It was a crazy long night. I didn't sleep for even 10 minutes. Keane is such a rambunctious sleeper, I had to keep blow-by oxygen on him all night, one stream coming from each side of the crib. His saturation level dropped to crazy alarm mode every 10 to 15 minutes in their longest stretch. By 400a, I had to call for reinforcements and Ben came back to the hospital. Keane steadily improved all morning with no fever since Sunday afternoon. Soooo... we're home!

Keane may have overdone a little in his enthusiasm for being home. He may have a low grade fever tonight. It's a little hard to tell; the thermometer jumps around from 98.4 to 99.2. I guess we will monitor overnight and see in the morning!


No comments: