Monday, June 25, 2012

A disappointing visit today

I was very encouraged after Keane's appointment on Friday. His color was better, he needed less oxygen and gained more than his goal weight. Unfortunately, when I took him to his pediatrician's office this afternoon, he had not gained any weight since Friday. I am so disappointed. I have been feeding him either from me, or with supplemental formula, about every hour when he is awake, plus we haven't been letting him sleep for more than two hours at a time during the day. It's exhausting, especially combined with Avery's high-octane personality! The prescription now is to wake up two-to-three times per night to see if he will eat. If he doesn't gain weight for his Wednesday lunch-time appointment, he may have to have a feeding tube. So....we will feed then feed some more!

2 comments:

daddiowen said...

Thinking of Keane-o all the time.. wish I could give him one of my yummy almond butter and apricot jam sandwiches. Calories, ubetcha!

Erin said...

You are doing such an amazing job mamma!! Thinking happy plumping up thoughts for Keane. Thank you for keeping us all posted!